The Intel® Desktop Board D525MW is designed to unleash the power of the new Intel® Atom™ processor D525 which supports the new revolutionary two–chip layout. The Intel® NM10 Express Chipset also provides additional flexibility and upgradability with two slots of single channel DDR3 memory at 1066/800 MHz supporting up to 4GB maximum.
The Intel® Desktop Board D525MW is designed to unleash the power of the new Intel® Atom™ processor D525 which supports the new revolutionary two–chip layout. This new chipset layout reduces the package footprint by 70 percent, enabling easier routing and better heat flow. The Intel® NM10 Express Chipset also provides additional flexibility and upgradability with two slots of single channel DDR3 memory at 1066/800 MHz supporting up to 4GB maximum.
With breakthrough low-power silicon, the Intel Desktop Board D525MW can be used with a passive thermal solution based on the recommended boundary conditions.
The Intel Desktop Board D525MW represents a fundamental shift in system design—small, yet powerful enough to enable a big Internet experience for all audiences.
Features and Benefits:
- Integrated with the new dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor D525:
Features an integrated graphics core (Intel® GMA 3150) with graphics performance improvements.
- Intel® NM10 Express Chipset:
Designed to support the new Intel® Atom™ processor.
- Single-channel DDR3 with two connectors for 1066 / 800 MHz memory support (4 GB max)
- One PCI connector:
Expansion connector for custom system configurations and future add-in card upgrades.
- PCI Express Mini Card connector
- Two SATA ports (3.0 Gb/s)
- Six-channel Intel® High Definition
Audio: Integrated audio stereo at an excellent value.
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Mb/s Network Connection
- Seven Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports:
Four back panel ports and four additional ports via internal headers; one USB port for flash card / Solid State Drive.
- Two PS/2 ports:
Support keyboard and mouse.
- Parallel and serial ports:
Provides legacy device compatibility.
- Mini-ITX / microATX-compatible form factor
||Mini-ITX, (6.7 inches by 6.7 inches [170 millimeters by 170 millimeters])
compatible with microATX
||Passively-cooled, soldered-down Single-Core Intel® Atom™ processor with
integrated graphics and integrated memory controller
- Two 204-pin DDR3 SDRAM Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module (SO-DIMM) sockets
- Support for DDR3 800 MHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, and DDR3 1333 MHz SO-DIMMs
Note: DDR3 1066 MHz and DDR3 1333 MHz memory will run at 800 MHz
- Support for up to 2 GB of system memory on a single SO-DIMM (4 GB with two SO-DIMMs)
- Passively cooled, Intel® NM10 Express Chipset
||Multi-streaming 5.1 (6-channel) audio subsystem support based on the Realtek*
ALC662 high definition audio codec
||Onboard Intel® graphics subsystem with support for:
- Integrated GMCH
- Analog displays (VGA)
|Legacy I/O control
||Winbond W83627DHG-A based Legacy I/O controller for hardware management,
serial, parallel, and PS/2* ports
- Seven USB 2.0 ports (D425KT only):
- Four back panel ports
- Four ports are implemented with two dual port internal headers for front panel cabling
- One port is implemented with an internal header (brown-colored) that
supports an Intel® Z-U130 USB Solid-State Drive or compatible device
- Two Serial ATA (SATA) 3.0 Gb/s connectors (supporting IDE and AHCI mode)
- One parallel port connector on the back panel
- One serial port connector on the back panel
- One serial port header
- PS/2*-style keyboard and mouse ports
||10/100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet LAN subsystem using a Realtek 8111E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Intel® BIOS (resident in the SPI Flash device)
- Support for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), Plug and Play, and SMBIOS
|Instantly Available PC Technology
- Support for PCI* Local Bus Specification Revision 2.3
- Suspend to RAM support
- Wake on PCI, PCI Express*, PS/2, serial, front panel, USB ports, and LAN
- One PCI Conventional bus connector (with riser card support for up to two PCI cards)
- PCI Express x1 Mini Card connector
|Hardware Monitor Subsystem
- Hardware monitoring through the Windbond I/O controller
- Voltage sense to detect out of range power supply voltages
- Thermal sense to detect out of range thermal values
- One fan header
- One fan sense input used to monitor fan activity
- Fan speed control