GA-A55M-DS2 (rev. 1.0)
AMD A55 chipset Chipset
- All new GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Classic with high quality components designed
- Supports Socket FM1 of 32nm AMD A-series/E2-series processors
- Enhanced AMD Radeon HD 65xx/64xx/63xx graphics (DX11) integrated with the processor
- 1 PCI-E 2.0 interfaces with AMD Dual Graphics technology support
- Integrated USB 2.0 and SATA2 interfaces with RAID 0,1,10
- Integrated DVI/D-sub outputs for Full HD playback
- Patented DualBIOS with Hybrid EFI technology for 3TB HDD support
GIGABYTE motherboards are the latest range of next-generation desktop motherboards based on the AMD A55 chipset, supporting a new generation socket FM1 of 32nm AMD A-series/E-series APUs with DirectX11 graphics integrated. Not only delivering AMD’s industry-leading performance and advanced graphics capabilities, GIGABYTE motherboards are equipped with a comprehensive range of unique features that offer mainstream PC users the most compelling platform on the market today.
Humidity can play havoc on a motherboard's circuitry.GIGABYTE's new Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Classic motherboards feature High Resistance ICs which help protect the motherboard against electrostatic discharge.
Power Failure Protection
Permanent damage from power surge or failure during BIOS update, can be avoided with GIGABYTE DaulBIOS, which automatically enables a secondary, back up BIOS.
GIGABYTE also uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges.
High Temperature Protection
GIGABYTE uses All Solid Caps (Capacitors) and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which are rated to work at higher temperatures, providing up to 50,000* hour component lifespan.
AMD Dual Graphics: Unrivalled Upgradability
The AMD A75/A55 series platform showcases AMD Dual Graphics technology, allowing users to further boost 3D graphics performance by adding an additional discrete AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 series graphics card* to the system. This unique Dual Graphics technology means users can enjoy higher frame rates on the latest gaming titles, utilizing the processing power of both discrete and integrated graphics processors.
* Please use AMD Dual Graphics certified DX11 VGA card (i.e., Radeon HD 6670/6570/6450 etc.), detail information please refer to AMD official website:
AMD Fusion Graphics: Most Powerful Integrated Graphics Ever
Supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL 4.1 and OpenCL 1.1 standards, AMD Fusion graphics deliver 3DMark Vantage (Performance setting) scores of over 6000 points, and a 3D gaming experience similar to entry-level discrete graphics card solutions.
* * 6000+ marks in 3DMarkVanatge Performance mode was achieved by overclocking. CPU frequencies above 110MHz may impact the performance of PCI-E devices.
* DVI/HDMI/Display Port video output recommended for overclocked APU configurations and output various is different by models.
* Please be aware that GIGABYTE's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking.
Integrated DVI Interface
DVI (Digital Visual Interface) is a new video interface standard designed for carrying uncompressed digital video data and to maximize the visual quality of digital display devices, such as flat LCD monitors, digital projectors, and so on. In addition, DVI interface is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media contents.
DualBIOS™ 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)
Hybrid EFI Technology combines the benefits of GIGABYTE's mature BIOS platform including stability and compatibility with 3rd party products with 3TB+ HDD support from EFI technology, allowing GIGABYTE to offer the best of both worlds through a quick and easy BIOS update using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that is freely available from the GIGABYTE website.
GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ is a patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when the main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating. In addition, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ now supports 3TB+ (terabyte) hard drive booting without the need for partitioning, and enables more data storage on a single hard drive.
50,000 Hours All Solid Capacitors
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable motherboards are equipped with all solid capacitors. With an average lifespan of 50,000 hours, these solid capacitors provide the stability, reliability and longevity essential to meet the power needs of high-end processors and other components running today's most demanding applications and games.
* 50000 hours of work time is calculated at 85℃ ambient temperature.
On/Off Charge Technology
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
AutoGreen- Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
AutoGreen technology can automatically save power by simply putting your PC in a state of sleep when your Bluetooth® cell phone is out of range of your computer.
Note: GIGABYTE motherboards do not include a Bluetooth® receiver; the addition of a 3rd party Bluetooth receiver is required.
GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system.
ErP Lot 6 support
The ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
- AMD A series & E2 series processors
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory (Note 1)
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
(All integrated graphics ports do not support Hot plug. If you want to change to another graphics port when the computer is on, be sure to turn off the computer first.)
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 (Note 2)
- VIA HD audio codec
- High Definition Audio
- 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel (Note 3)
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 1 x Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot (All PCI Express slots conform to the PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI slot
- Support for AMD Dual Graphics technology
- Only A series APU support AMD Dual Graphics.
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, and JBOD
- Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x APU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
|Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- System voltage detection
- APU/System temperature detection
- APU/System fan speed detection
- APU overheating warning
- APU/System fan fail warning
- APU/System fan speed control (Note 4)
- 2 x 32 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune (Note 5)
- Support for Smart Recovery
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for 3TB+ Unlock
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft® Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Micro ATX Form Factor; 22.5cm x 17.4cm
||(Note 1) Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
(Note 2) The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
(Note 3) To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
(Note 4) Whether the APU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the APU/system cooler you install.
(Note 5) Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.