GA-EP43-UD3L (rev. 1.0)
Intel® P43 + ICH10 Chipset
The GA-EP43-UD3L introduces revolutionary GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 classic technology featuring a 2 oz copper PCB to help reduce system temperature and dramatically enhance performance. Based on the new Intel P43 chipset, GA-EP43-UD3L delivers a record setting 1600MHz Front Side Bus by overclocking for the latest Intel® Core 2™ multi-core processors, including 45nm CPUs. With supporting dual channel DDR2 up to 1200+ MHz, GA-EP43-UD3L motherboard provides the highest levels of performance and maximum overclocking potential. GA-EP43-UD3L delivers several advanced GIGABYTE innovations including the DES Advanced, Ultra Durable 3 classic, DualBIOS design which provides optimized power savings, ultra cooling and ultra safe data protection.
- Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
- Revolution energy saving design with DES technology featuring hardware based Dynamic 4-Gear switching
- Supports 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core processors with FSB 1600 (O.C.) MHz
- Dual channel DDR2 1200+ for remarkable system performance
- Ultimate graphics performance with PCI-E x16 2.0 interface
- Features high speed Gigabit Ethernet
- 8 channel High definition audio
Windows® 7 WHQL Certified
The motherboard has obtained WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification for Windows 7 from Microsoft® for an Intel-based motherboard, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards.
Ultra Durable 3 Classic
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 series motherboards once again lead the motherboard industry for the highest quality and most innovative motherboard design. Featuring the industry’s first consumer desktop motherboard design to introduce 2 ounces of copper for both the Power and Ground layers, delivering a dramatically lower system temperature, improved energy efficiency and enhanced stability for overclocking. GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic motherboards are equipped with the GIGABYTE Ultra Durable signature features including Japanese Solid Capacitors boasting an operational life time of more than 50,000 hours, Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs (providing lower resistance to reduce power consumption and heat generation) and GIGABYTE patented DualBIOS™ technology (providing dual hardware BIOS protection). GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic motherboards promise to provide the stability, reliability and longevity essential to meet the power needs of high-end processors and other components running today's most demanding applications and games.
Dual Channel DDR2 1200+
* Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information
Experience the advanced technology of DDR2 1200+ memory featuring faster speeds and higher data bandwidth, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Interface
PCI-E 2.0 doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s to 5 Gbit/s, meaning a x32 connector can transfer data at up to 16 GB/s in each direction. PCIE 2.0 also features improvements to the point-to-point data transfer protocol and its software architecture.
50,000 Hours Japanese Solid Capacitors
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable motherboards are equipped with solid capacitors developed by leading Japanese manufacturers. With an average lifespan of 50,000 hours, these solid capacitors provide the stability, reliability and longevity essential to meet the power needs of high-end processors and other components running today's most demanding applications and games.
Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced
GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced provides better energy saving capabilities and enhanced system performance. GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced is the world’s only motherboard energy saving technology with hardware-based Dynamic 4-Gear* Switching. With support for VRD 11.1, GIGABYTE’s DES Advanced allows the motherboard to switch to 1 Gear phase switching during idle, allowing for a dramatic increase in power savings.
GIGABYTE has also retooled Dynamic Energy Saver to allow overclockers to experience the benefits of multi-gear power phase switching while overclocking, providing ultra stable, ultra smooth overclocking performance.
* The 4-Gear feature may vary by model. Gear 1 phase switching requires 45nm processors with PSI signal enabled.
Quick and Effortless Overclocking with One Click
GIGABYTE Quick Boost provides 3 levels of CPU performance enhancement; a simple click on the desired level delivers quick and effortless overclocking for novice and experienced users alike.
GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system
DualBIOS™ - Patented Dual Hardware BIOS Protection
DualBIOS™ is a GIGABYTE patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating.
Adjusts power consumption automatically according to your LAN cable lengths, up to 10% power savings.
- Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/ Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor/Intel® Celeron® processor in the LGA 775 package
(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest CPU support list.)
- L2 cache varies with CPU
|Front Side Bus
- 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
- North Bridge: Intel® P43 Express Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel® ICH10
(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest memory support list.)
- 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR2 1200+/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules
- Realtek ALC888 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out
- Support for CD In
- 1 x Realtek 8111C chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
(The PCI Express x16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 4 x PCI Express x1 slots
- 2 x PCI slots
JMicron 368 chip:
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
iTE IT8718 chip:
- 1 x IDE connector supporting ATA-133/100/66/33 and up to 2 IDE devices
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector supporting up to 1 floppy disk drive
- Integrated in the South Bridge
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- 1 x IDE connector
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x power fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x CD In connector
- 1 x S/PDIF In header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x parallel port header
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x power LED header
- 1 x chassis intrusion header
|Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x coaxial S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 ports
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control
- 2 x 8 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Virtual Dual BIOS
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune
- Support for Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced
- Support for Time Repair
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft® Windows Vista/XP
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 21.0cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Due to most hardware/software vendors no longer offer support for Win9X/ME. If some vendors still has Win9X/ME drivers available, we will publish on website
* The specification and pictures are subject to change without notice.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.