FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What card to use?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Seacove View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Seacove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What card to use?
    Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 3:47am
Forgive me if this is not the right forum. I have been curious and just wanted some suggestions on a sound card. I have heard that usually on board sound is sufficient for most cases when it comes to a new system. I was just curious if anyone had any hands on expereince with the Razer Mako 2.1 speaker system. I was wondering if the onboard sound of most MB's would be suffiecient for these speakers or if a third party card would enhance the sound quality of these. I have heard that normally on board is sufficient but i have also read claims that on board can lower FPS in gaming and the Sound quality isnt as good as it can be. Obviously the software bundles with 3rd party card is superior but I dont see myself putting that to use much since i dont create/edit music so I am only interested in FPS for gaming with AMAZING sound quality. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. Jmundy already told me in an earlier post that cards 96 KHz are usually = to the onboard capabilities. I don't want him to think I don't believe him, I was just looking for more information because I am that kind of person. Also I was looking for a more specific answer with the Razer Makos if anyone had that kind of knowledge.

Jmundy thank you for all of you help so far!!!!!!

Again forgive me for being so anal, but I want to make sure I build the best system possible within my budget which is why I am loving AVADirect with the numerous options available and the wealth of information they have at their disposal.

Edited by Seacove - 17 Sep 2009 at 3:53am
cmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Support

Quote cmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 12:02pm
Hello,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with those speakers but I can tell you that they are only stereo speakers since they are 2.1.

Almost 100% of onboard sound you find on a motherboard are HD audio and at least 5.1.  You're correct when you say that is can slow down performance a bit because CPU must handle the sound itself.  In my opinion, if you have the room in your new configurationand you do a lot of gaming, would be to install a sound card and not use the onboard sound at all.

This would help maximize performance.  Also, sound card manufactures usually update their drivers every couple of months.  So you're always up to date.

Thank You

Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Director of Technical Support
216-503-6371 Direct
 Post Reply Post Reply