FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clock speed dropping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Severius View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Severius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clock speed dropping
    Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 2:17am
I have a D900F with a Corei7 920, 6 gigs of ram and a GeforceGTX280M, and I'm running Win7 Release Candidate. Recently I've noticed poor performance while playing games. Using CPU-Z I've discovered that the core clock speed for the cpu keeps dropping to 1600mhz a few minutes after booting. I've tried messing around with the power options to no avail. I think the problem is SpeedStep but I don't know how to turn it off. Does anyone out there know how to solve my problem?
cmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Support

Quote cmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 10:06am
Hello Severius,
Unfortunately in this notebook you're unable to disable Intel's SpeedStep technology.  This is part of the notebook and it's built in.  It will adjust the CPU speed depending upon what you're currently doing in the operating system to save battery life.  Always make sure you have the latest Video card drivers as well by going to www.nvidia.com.
Thank You
Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Director of Technical Support
216-503-6371 Direct
 Post Reply Post Reply