FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Where is my computer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Istrix View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Istrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is my computer?
    Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 5:10am
I spent $1934.42 on a graphics workstation with AVA direct.  I placed my order on 11/08/2009

today's date is 3/20/2010.

I do not have a computer.

During the build i was sent this: (11/24/2009)

Hello Richard, During testing we found a defective video card. We are currently in the process of obtaining a replacement. We'll notify you once we receive the replacement. Thank you for all your patience and cooperation.

01/09/2010 I noted to them that I didn' t think the system was stable and asked for advise

02/16/2010 it was determined that I had a bad motherboard. 
"Hello, Your motherboard was tested defective. We're in the process of obtaining a replacement. We'll update you as soon as it arrives from the manufacture. Thank You"

03/02/2010 the second Motherboard was found also to be defecive
"Hello Rich, Unfortunately the new motherboard we recieved was received defective. I've asked our RMA department to RUSH replace this motherboard for you which we are in the process of doing. More updates to come and thank you for your patience and cooperation."

3/08/2010
I was advised that my new computer was on the way
"Hello Rich, we received the replacement motherboard today, so your RMA is currently in testing. Once we have tested for a minimum of 48 hours, without any issues, we will ship your system ASAP. You should recieve it by Friday of this week. Thank you very much for your patience, as it is greatly appreciated!"

Come that friday, no computer landed on my door step ($1934 on 11/08/2009)

3/16/2010 from me:
"Friday of that week came and went without a word or receipt. My good nature is all but depleted. This has been now a five month process. If I can't get a computer, or a shipping code, by Friday of -this- week I'd like my money back."

I was informed that at this time I was not able to get my money back, per documentation I signed.  Fair enough

3/19/2010
"Hello Rich, New CPU has arrived and is being installed. We'll update you once the testing is complete. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Have a great weekend!"

WHAT????

Counting down that is one bad GPU, two bad mother boards, and now apparently a bad CPU.  I am not a corporation.  What are the odds on that?  AVA now has both my money, and my computer, and apprenently I don't get anything back until they are good and ready I'm just a guy that supplements his income with graphic design on the side.  $2000 (after shiping) is a -lot- of money to me.  Right now I am stuck on a six year old laptop that bearly has the juice to get online.  I don't seek damages, I don't want compensation, I just want the computer that I paid a summers worth of restaraunt wages for back in november of last year.  I feel like I'm being jerked around.  I just want a working system that I can do my work on.  Is this asking too much?

Please AVA, just get my system done, or please give me back my hard earned money so I can buy a working system.  I'm at near wit's end with this process.  I don't want anything free, I just want either what I paid Nineteen Hundred Dollars for, or my Ninteen Hundred back please.

cmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Support

Quote cmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 12:18pm
Hello Sir,
I apologize for this delay in repair. Please understand we must put the system through a lot of testing to make sure the system is 100% before we're comfortable with shipping it back.   The 2nd motherboard looked to be damaged in shipping and this is why it was replaced. The CPU was showing some higher than normal temperatures so we replaced it anyway to make sure there wasn't going to be an issue in the future.  I have been informed the system is being shipped back to you tomorrow.  Can I include a couple of free games for the inconvenience? If so let me know and I'll email you a list of what we have available. Thank you for all your cooperation, patience and understanding.
Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Director of Technical Support
216-503-6371 Direct
 Post Reply Post Reply