FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Gaming System - Antec P182/Intel Q9450/9800 GX2/Acoustic Foam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Gaming System - Antec P182/Intel Q9450/9800 GX2/Acoustic Foam
    Posted: 08 May 2008 at 5:49pm

Custom Gaming System - Antec P182/Intel Q9450/9800 GX2/Acoustic Foam

Some customers have a vision into what the most beautiful should look like.  They select the options on our website and we start to build it.  We then realize just how awesome a computer some of these systems really are.  This system was chosen and configured by an actual customer and we are displaying it here for your viewing pleasure.

You can click any picture for a bigger view

Wow what a beautiful case this is.  The front and side case panels have this mirror finish which just screams sexiness.  I like the Antec P182 case, but with these side panels, there is nothing to hate about it.  This case will also be very quiet with the Noctua CPU cooler, Scythe silent fans and acoustic foam application inside the case.  We placed foam on the inside cover of the case and also on the front panel.  To finish up the silent operation, the customer opted for a Zalman fan controller which lets him adjust the performance settings of all his case fans at will.  This customer wanted a quiet system and this is the best way to go if silence is top priority.

Do not let the low-noise levels inside the case fool you.  This system is packing some serious hardware.  We have an Intel quad-core Q9450 running at 2.66 GHz.  It is then paired with the amazing eVGA 9800 GX2 and 8 GB of super fast 1600 MHz DDR3 memory.  All this hardware is than assembled onto the Asus Striker 2 Extreme motherboard with the new 790i Ultra SLI chipset.  Finishing the system, we have both a 150 GB Raptor hard drive for quick access to programs and files and a huge 1 TB drive for massive data storage.

Here are the complete specs for all of you look over.

System Performance:

13137 3DMarks

Case:

ANTEC, Performance One P182 SE Silver/Black Mid-Tower Case w/ Mirror Finish

Processor:

INTEL, Core™ 2 Quad Q9450 Quad-Core 2.66GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB (2 x 6MB) L2 Cache

Motherboard:

ASUS, Striker II Extreme, LGA775, nForce 790i Ultra SLI, 1600MHz FSB, DDR3-2000

Video Card:

eVGA, e-GeForce® 9800 GX2 600MHz, 1GB (2 x 512MB) GDDR3 2000MHz

Memory:

OCZ, 8GB (4 x 2GB) Platinum Edition PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL (7-7-7-24)

Hard Drive:

Raid 1 2x WESTERN DIGITAL, 150GB WD Raptor®, SATA 150MB/s, 10000 RPM, 16MB cache

SEAGATE, 1TB Barracuda 7200.11, SATA NCQ 3 GB/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB cache

Optical Drive:

LITE-ON, LH-20A1L Black/Beige 20x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ LightScribe

Cooling:

NOCTUA, NH-U12P Copper CPU Cooler

CASE FAN, NON-LED, Fans Maximum Package, Low Noise

Power Supply:

SEASONIC, M12-700 Power Supply, 80 PLUS®, 700W

Operating System:

MICROSOFT, Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64-bit

Other Options:

ACCESSORY, Universal Acoustic Foam

Want to config a system just like this?  Click the link below to go to our system page that was used for this build and select the options to match this system.

Edited by MattSlagle - 13 Jun 2008 at 1:38pm
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
Jeff View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 11:15pm
I was looking at this case for my air cooled build, I'm looking at running a OC'd 9800GTX with mine.
Do you recommend installing a extra fan for the GPU in one of the drive cages(I'm only running one HDD)?
And if so, would you install said fan at a minimal cost?

Or, would I better off just getting the 900 case?

Thanks
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:21am
Jeff, with our fans maximum package starting at $36, we will replace all the stock case fans throughout the case with better fans.

This will help cool your system better than those stock fans.

As for putting a fan in the drive cage, that can be arranged.  Price will depend on where and how you want the fan placed.  For a price, I would recommend calling our sales department on that matter.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
 Post Reply Post Reply