FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom SFF System - Shuttle System/Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz/2GB 667MHz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom SFF System - Shuttle System/Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz/2GB 667MHz
    Posted: 13 May 2008 at 3:05pm

Custom SFF System - Shuttle System/Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz/2GB 667MHz

Some customers have a vision into what the most beautiful should look like.  They select the options on our website and we start to build it.  We then realize just how awesome a computer some of these systems really are.  This system was chosen and configured by an actual customer and we are displaying it here for your viewing pleasure.

You can click any picture for a bigger view

When I first heard of the Shuttle PC, I did not know what to think.  Not seeing one up close, I dismissed it as a sub-standard computer.  Its propriety hardware and small size makes this a modder and upgrader's nightmare.  However, upon seeing one up close and being built, something in me clicked.  These things are just so small and tiny, yet have this cool look to them.  I really do think my next computer purchase is going to be a Shuttle.

While the Shuttle system is small, it is very big in features.  Due to the placement of the PSU, we are able to fit a optical drive, floppy drive, and one hard drive.  If the floppy is omitted, two hard drives are able to be mounted.  The system allows support for SATA drives, so using the latest hardware is not a problem.  Plenty of room underneath for any type of ram, even the ones with large heatsinks attached.  Cooling is one of the most innovated ideas I have seen on a case.  A copper base and heatpipes transfers the heat of the CPU to a large radiator on the back of the case.  A large fan cools the radiator and draws the warm air out of the case.  While liquid cooling is many times superior than air cooling, heatpipe technology is many times superior than liquid.  This simple cooling interface is one of the best stock setups I have ever seen.

While the system is decent the way it has been built, these systems allow for much expansion.  Shuttle offers wireless kits that allow their systems to connect to wireless networks without bulky adapters.  There is also room on the side for a full-sized video card.  This includes the 8800 GT and the new 9600 GT.  This little system could be a Crysis killer if configured correctly.

Enough of my babbling, take a look at the specs here.

System Performance:

N/A due to being a non-gaming unit.

Case:

SHUTTLE, SD30G2 PLUS Black Mini PC Barebone

Processor:

INTEL, Coreā„¢ 2 Duo E4500 Dual-Core, 2.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache

Motherboard:

Included LGA775, Intel 945GC, DDR2-667 2GB /2, PCIe x16, SATA /2, VGA, HDA, GbLAN, FW /2

Video Card:

Onboard

Memory:

KINGSTON, 2GB (2 x 1GB) ValueRAM PC2-5300 DDR2 667MHz CL5

Hard Drive:

WESTERN DIGITAL, 500GB WD CaviarĀ® SE16 (WD5000AAKS), SATA II 300MB/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache

Optical Drive:

LITE-ON, DH-52C2P-08 Black 52x/32x/16x CD-R/CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

Cooling:

Standard case cooling

Power Supply:

Included 250W PSU

Operating System:

MICROSOFT, Windows Vista Home Basic Edition 64-bit

Other Options:

None

Want to config a system just like this?  Click the link below to go to our system page that was used for this build and select the options to match this system.

MINI PC, Shuttle XPC SD30G2 PLUS Socket 775 PCIe Value Mini-Cube:  http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_configurator.asp?PRID=9177

Edited by MattSlagle - 13 Jun 2008 at 1:44pm
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
 Post Reply Post Reply