AVADirect Custom Computers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Community > Hardware
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

buy a W870CU now or wait for Sandy Bridge?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dutch View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buy a W870CU now or wait for Sandy Bridge?
    Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:56pm
hi guys, i am an animator in need of a laptop. CPU speed and tons of ram are most important.

also, does anyone know when the GTX 460m will be available in the 870? thanks a lot!
Griffin Ralston View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff

Quote Griffin Ralston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:15am
Hey Dutch,

I just spoke with our supply chain guys, and it looks like you can pre-order the W870cu with a gtx 460m right now, and it will be available in late September.

That said, if you'd like a notebook with a bit more oomph, I'd look at the X7200 with a Core i7-930 and 12 GB's of ram.

Hope this helps,

Griffin

Edited by Griffin Ralston - 20 Sep 2010 at 11:16am
dutch View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 8:41pm
Hi Griffin,

Thanks a lot for the info on the GTX 460, I was thinking about ordering the W870CU early next month so that's great. I was originally looking at the D900F with an i7 950, 12GB Corsair, and a GTX 285 but I waited to long. I don't need a GTX 480 so I can't justify the extra $500.

I was interested in Sandy Bridge because I understand the notebook CPU's are due out in Q1 of 2011 and they are blazing fast, however I don't know if I could afford it. Thanks a lot for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply