FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

notebook on windows 7 is slow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lph-gill View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote lph-gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: notebook on windows 7 is slow
    Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 11:46am

Hi guys, what would you recommend me to do.  I have a notebook running on windows 7 for about 2 years now and i noticed that it has already turned slow though this is expected as there are more and more applications that i load onto the computer.  What antivirus do you recommend for me? i need something that is lightweight, which means it would not take up that much resources.  And would you recommend me to format the whole computer even though i have a lot of stuff in it already? Or will it still be the same if I install the same programs eventually?

Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 1:02pm
Hello lph-gill,

Regardless of what anti-virus you use a computer will always lose resource to it. If you absolutely need an anti-virus program of some sort I would suggest you upgrade the RAM in your notebook as much as you can. I personally do not have any suggestions for anti-virus software. I gave up on them years ago since they always seemed to cause more harm than good. I use Windows Defender, and Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 7 and I have no issues.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
 Post Reply Post Reply