FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

General

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AVADirect View Drop Down
AVADirect Admins
AVADirect Admins

Quote AVADirect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General
    Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:46pm
We welcome all general comments, suggestions and opinions.
kaolinchemist View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote kaolinchemist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:40am
Wow am I the first official NON-Ava employee to post?  woo-hoo do I win a prize LOL

Just wanted to say congrats to the new forum!

Bill
AVADirect View Drop Down
AVADirect Admins
AVADirect Admins

Quote AVADirect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:32pm
Yes, a warm welcome and a nice side panel overnited to you today :)

Regards,
Misha
asonis View Drop Down
AVADirect Admins
AVADirect Admins

Quote asonis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 12:46am
kaolinchemist,
Welcome to our forum as a first NON-Ava employee.
We are really happy to see you here.
Alex Sonis
President/CEO of AVADirect.com
kaolinchemist View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote kaolinchemist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 9:36pm

Alex,

I am glad to be here and must tell you that everytime I have talked with anyone from your company be it, Misha, Joe, Chris or Asaya they have been nothing short of professional and extrememly courteous to boot.  I work in the Quality Assurance group of my company and realize what meeting customer requirements is all about.  It was and is a pleasure dealing with your company, and I would recommend them in a second to anyone I know in the market for a new system or parts.  I think this forum will provide many creative ideas for your company and give you better feedback on what your customers past and future are looking for.  I really hope this platforum of ideas takes off like I think it will.

Bill
sirius300zx96 View Drop Down
AVADirect Techie
AVADirect Techie

Quote sirius300zx96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 2:17am

Yay I'm in the Avadirect forum.

THERMALTAKE VC3000BWS
ANTEC Neo HE 550W
C2D E6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
CORSAIR 4GB XMS2 PC2-6400 eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
WD 74GB Raptor
----------------
Antec 900 Case
ANTEC Neo HE 650W
C2D Quad 2.66 OC to 3.21
8GB OCZ 1066 Ram
EVGA GTX 285 SC
WC 150gb 10K Raptor
XIGMATEK Rep Scorpion cooler
asonis View Drop Down
AVADirect Admins
AVADirect Admins

Quote asonis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:03pm
kaolinchemist,
Thank you for your comments. It means a lot to all of us. We work really hard to allocate, assemble, test and support all of the orders. We put together really unique stuff by working hard on every single order, and we are happy to hear that our customers like our hard work.
Thank you,
Alex
sirius300zx96 View Drop Down
AVADirect Techie
AVADirect Techie

Quote sirius300zx96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 2:28pm
Clap I'm glad to see. Avadirect is a PC gamer heaven for gaming PCs.
THERMALTAKE VC3000BWS
ANTEC Neo HE 550W
C2D E6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
CORSAIR 4GB XMS2 PC2-6400 eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB
WD 74GB Raptor
----------------
Antec 900 Case
ANTEC Neo HE 650W
C2D Quad 2.66 OC to 3.21
8GB OCZ 1066 Ram
EVGA GTX 285 SC
WC 150gb 10K Raptor
XIGMATEK Rep Scorpion cooler
Misfate View Drop Down
AVADirect Techie
AVADirect Techie

Quote Misfate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 6:53pm
So, do you guys read PCgamer? Sleepy
Findedeux View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Findedeux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 1:09am
I was looking through the showroom builds and was surprised to see that 99% of the computers are running some version of Vista.  A lot of them are running 64-bit.  Just curious whether AVA recommends Vista over XP or 64-bit over 32-bit? 
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Findedeux

I was looking through the showroom builds and was surprised to see that 99% of the computers are running some version of Vista.  A lot of them are running 64-bit.  Just curious whether AVA recommends Vista over XP or 64-bit over 32-bit? 

We recommend Vista over XP any day.  Also we recommend 64 bit as well.  Everything is slowly going to 64 bit so there is no use in trying to resist and staying with a 32 bit operating system.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
GodWhomIsMike View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote GodWhomIsMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 11:50pm
Will AVADirect begin offering AMD 6-core Opteron (Istanbul) processors as an option on your Opteron desktop workstations? 

Here is info about the new line of CPUs:

Six-Core (2.6 GHz) AMD Opteron 2435 = $989
Six-Core (2.4 GHz) AMD Opteron 2431 = $698
Six-Core (2.2 GHz) AMD Opteron 2427 = $455

I'd love a relatively inexpensive 6-core desktop workstation coming in at the $1500-$2000 mark with Sapphire's 2GB Vapor-X 4870 video card, and a CoolerMaster HAF 932 case.  I wonder at what price point (2) 2.2 GHz six-core processor workstation would come out to with the above video card.  
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 9:29am
Originally posted by GodWhomIsMike

Will AVADirect begin offering AMD 6-core Opteron (Istanbul) processors as an option on your Opteron desktop workstations? 

Here is info about the new line of CPUs:

Six-Core (2.6 GHz) AMD Opteron 2435 = $989
Six-Core (2.4 GHz) AMD Opteron 2431 = $698
Six-Core (2.2 GHz) AMD Opteron 2427 = $455

I'd love a relatively inexpensive 6-core desktop workstation coming in at the $1500-$2000 mark with Sapphire's 2GB Vapor-X 4870 video card, and a CoolerMaster HAF 932 case.  I wonder at what price point (2) 2.2 GHz six-core processor workstation would come out to with the above video card.  

That is good information to know.  At this point however, 90% of our system sales have Intel CPUs in them.  So we may be behind somewhat on the AMD side.

If you did not know, we do trul custom systems here.  See something thats out that you want, but we do not carry it, give us a call and we can see what needs to get done to make this system.  Depending upon price point of an Opteron motherboard, I do not see why we couldnt build that system for you.

BTW, did you know that the new Xeons are coming out with 8-core CPUs?  Also, the Core i7 920 is priced at around $300, it has 4 cores, but with SMT it looks like 8 cores to the OS?
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 12:49am
I love the idea of customizing.  You guys make peoples lives like mine sooo much easier.  I salute thee.  :)

I have recently formed my own corporation.  I definitely need to get two different systems.  One just powerful enough to run software like Quickbooks & stuff for business.  The other for my gaming addiction.

I was just wondering what kinds of deals you have for businesses.  I surfed your website to see if you had this option.  Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Just asking...doesn't hurt to ask.

Either way I will eventually be ordering two systems & a laptop for when I travel.

chotanun View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote chotanun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 3:06am
Anyone knows if I am a U.S. non resident. How can I buy customized laptop from avadirect? I can walk in Avadirect office in Ohio to pay in cash(USD) and walk in to get the builded product? or I can pay by my international VISA HSBC credit card? Because I can not find the email to contact avadirect team about this topic(they have cantact email but I have to fill in order number that I don't have). I am very interested in customized laptop so much and will fly to U.S. very soon to travel. Please help me! my email is chotanun@gmail.com or answer here if you require. 
I loves avadirect
Katie McIntyre View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff

Quote Katie McIntyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 11:09am
Thank you for posting.  I have sent you an email regarding our international sales policy. 
katie.mcintyre@avadirect.com
866-766-4629 x 6343
chotanun View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote chotanun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 12:50am
Thank you Katie, I also email you at katie.maintyre@avadirect.com  (about more detail)
I think avadirect is my best custom website to order because I searched in the internet so much about custom laptop website in the U.S. I think the price from avadirect compared to other website is okay for me and AVADIRECT has the most options available for customers that are best,up to date and I loves AVADIRECT so much. I think Katie and AVADIRECT team will help your AVADIRECT's real fan like me to fullfill my dream in buying AVADIRECT laptop even I am a U.S. non resident. Because As U.S. non resident, International customers like me even I can fly to U.S. by my own but from the U.S. government  regulations after 9/11 event. I can not find the U.S. bank easily to open my U.S. bank account to do transaction in the U.S. with ease like in the past. And All of custom laptop website don't accept international accepted VISA creditcard that issued outside U.S. even VISA company or Mastercard company is U.S. based company. And I can't open a U.S. bank account to link and verify my U.S. PayPal account to send payment to a seller in U.S. and so I can't ask for a U.S. issued debit card or credit card to link to my U.S. PayPal. So My payment options is so narrowed! So my choices has
(1)pay in total cash(USD),
(2)Western union or Money gram to transfer payment to AVADIRECT for laptop(If Western union or Money gram has no sending limit for me to transfer money to AVADIRECT to cover the price of laptop)
(3)Use bank wire transfer from my Bank account in Thailand to send payment to AVADIRECT's bank account before I fly to U.S. to visit my Elder sister,travel and get my builed laptop when it is finised before I fly back to Thailand.(I would like to get it with myself because I can check and use it for just 1week for sure it is working properly before I fly back to Thailand)
Please help me because I REALLY LOVES AVADIRECT with my mind
                                                                             Dr. Chotanu  Mahakkapongdumrong
                                                                             chotanun@gmail.com
I loves avadirect
 Post Reply Post Reply