FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Coolermaster Cases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Coolermaster Cases
    Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:24pm

Has anyone seen the pics of the new Cosmos II cases? Boy do they look nice and HUGE.

I know CES is coming next week maybe few more CM cases appear

I'd love to see a new CM Scout case with usb 3.0 and a tad wider

I heard Lian Li is coming out with 9 new cases as well.

Looks like this might be a better year for cases vs 2011.

Hope Joe and everyone at AVA had a great holiday this year.

Edited by pdwe - 05 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 5:39pm
Hello pdwe,

Yup, I'm awaiting CES myself to hear about Keplar and many other tecno-goodies. I hope they don't come out with better cases, for the sake of my wallet...man, I've added so many upgrades to my PC already that a case upgrade would cause me to probably blow off into the wind. Still excited, regardless, so let's hope manufacturers like Coolermaster, Lian Li, and Nvidia treat us right in 2012. :-)
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Jmundy

Hello pdwe,

Yup, I'm awaiting CES myself to hear about Keplar and many other tecno-goodies. I hope they don't come out with better cases, for the sake of my wallet...man, I've added so many upgrades to my PC already that a case upgrade would cause me to probably blow off into the wind. Still excited, regardless, so let's hope manufacturers like Coolermaster, Lian Li, and Nvidia treat us right in 2012. :-)

What is the deal on Keppler? Are they showing up around when Ivy Bridge or 2013 have you guys heard anything?  Are they high end ones or low end cards coming out first? Would want an upgrade over a GTX 580.

Edited by pdwe - 05 Jan 2012 at 11:13pm
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 9:05am
Hello pdwe,

Nvidia has been pretty tight-lipped about Keppler; I think they will be surfacing soon since ATI decided to launch their new 7900 series graphics cards.
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 1:35pm
Still waiting on Coolermaster lineup at CES. Only thing I saw was CosmosII and HAF HM.
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 2:48pm
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 3:01pm
I would love to get one of these cards.  My only issue is I want an ivy bridge system in a case similar to CM Scout case with 5 5.25 bays. The way they make video cards so huge it might knock me out of Kepler dream.

I'm hoping CM will add a new scout case in this years lineup

Edited by pdwe - 13 Jan 2012 at 3:04pm
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 3:21pm

You'd be surprised; I recently purchased a GTX 560 Ti 2win card and fit it in an NZXT Vulcan mATX case...I had to make some modifications (nothing extensive) but I got it working...anything is possible if you have your heart set on it. :-)

Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 3:30pm
It would be AVA's job to modify it to work :). This is why I hope CM comes out with a newer Scout case with a removable bay. Wasn't the GTX 590 like 305mm long? Kepler I'd want the version replacement for the GTX 580 but, it being new it could be longer and tighter fit.
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 4:41pm
That's right! Leave it to us to make it work...Yes, I'm sure the Nvidia cards will be longer and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The GTX 590 was 11in long, but there have been cards as long as 14in.
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:29pm

Do you think Coolermaster would have a shipping box for my Cosmos S tower? I no longer have it and was thinking about shipping it to you for a Keppler Ivy Bridge system this fall?

Edited by pdwe - 14 Feb 2012 at 2:29pm
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:56pm
I don't think they would, however if you could pack it in a box, the smallest possible, that will fit the case that will work. Just make sure you place that box inside of another box filled with packing peanuts.
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:41pm
Do you know if HAF 922's HD cage can be removed with screws? Or would have to be cut out?

I'm down to HAF 922 or HAF XM case. From what it sounds XM's drive cage is removable
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:34pm
Hello pdwe,

HAF coolermaster cases are constructed with rivets, so we would need to drill out the rivets to remove the hard drive cages. We could do that level of customization for you, if you request it, but make sure it's for a very good reason...like liquid cooling!

Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
crypt View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote crypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:46pm

Do you think video cards will surpass 13.9 inches long?

Only liquid cooling I'm doing is H80 :)

Edited by pdwe - 30 Apr 2012 at 5:48pm
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:59pm
Definitely wouldn't surprise me, did you ever think SSDs would exist? The IT industry is always shocking us one way or nother...actually, watch graphics cards become smaller and more powerful. Wink
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
 Post Reply Post Reply