FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 8?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
scotts87 View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote scotts87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 8?
    Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 11:22am
Its been many years since I got a new PC. The one I have right now, I bought shortly after the commercialization of Windows Vista (yeah its an old PC).

So now I have an order in the AVA system for a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. But I am hearing that this revolutionary new Windows 8 is floating around out there. I'm shaking my head thinking, why can't I just stay ahead of the OS release cycle for Windows?

I noticed AVA systems can be set up as dual boot, with other OS's as options (I almost did a dual boot build with Ubuntu). Is there a way to set up an AVA system to dual boot with Windows 8? I don't imagine you can elect to get Windows 8 until its actually commercialized....please correct me if I am wrong on this point.

I guess an alternative might be to run it as a Virtual Machine (which is the way I currently work with Linux distros).

Thanks
Scott
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 11:06am
Hello scotts87,

As of right now, there is a preview of Windows 8 available for anyone to download. It shows some new features that Microsoft has implemented, but it's still limited. By law, we're unable to install Windows 8 for you, but once we ship the system to you (with Windows 7 installed) you are more than welcome to install Windows 8 in dual-boot to test it out, although I would not recommend it based on the limitations. It's more or less something for you to install on a machine, that is not your primary, to see how the new interface is...it's still nothing to solely rely on as of yet.
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
super-6-1 View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote super-6-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 7:17pm
i would also like to add this as well. Threw microsoft if you have windows 7 ( no idea if it has to be a new computer or just any computer) But for $15 you can also upgrade to windows 8 as well rather then pay for a new OS.
 Post Reply Post Reply