FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sandy Bridge-EP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darkdwarfz View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote darkdwarfz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sandy Bridge-EP
    Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 4:37pm
Hi,

Now that the Intel Xeon E5 family of workstation CPUs is available, I am very much interested in purchasing my first computer from AVA Direct.

What is the typical turn around time in adding new rig configurations to your website for customization?  In my particular case, the sooner it is available, the sooner I can make a purchase :) 
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 9:49am

Hello darkdwarfz,

We will have the new Xeon E5 family posted very soon! I was told, by our webmaster, that some configurations will be posted today. Feel free to post some specifications to your liking and I'll be happy to quote you for an identical system once the cconfigurationsare listed on AVADirect.com

Typical turn-around time for our custom products is 10-14 business days from the date we process your order. We do offer rush processing, which lowers the ETA to 6 business days, if that is what you prefer.

Feel free to continue posting any questions you may have!

Kind Regards,

Edited by Jmundy - 07 Mar 2012 at 9:50am
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
darkdwarfz View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote darkdwarfz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 9:19pm
Thanks for the update Joseph (or Joe if you prefer)!  I'll preface this with the fact that I'm a bigtime novice on this stuff, but I have done a good amount of research regarding the parts.

I am looking to purchasing a workstation for my work with Autodesk's Maya - rendering, modeling, and animation.  I am currently evaluating the difference between the i7-3960k (sandy bridge e) and a single Xeon E5-2650 or Xeon E5-2650L.  Essentially, the gain between 6 and 8 cores.  Sadly, I don't have the cash for a dual processor system.

I look forward to the configurations being online, and thanks for the response.

John
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:10am
Hello John,

You're very welcome, and Joe or Joseph is just fine!

If you would like to provide me with your overall requirements, and price point, privately I will be happy to assist you with this configuration! Feel free to send me an email and I'll get right back to you.

Thank you for considering AVADirect!
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
 Post Reply Post Reply