FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Add a Power supply to a 8046B configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vinch View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Vinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add a Power supply to a 8046B configuration
    Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:08am
Hello,

First, i will apologies about my frenchglish as i m french and hope you will understand :)

I want to know if it s possible to add a second power supply to the config 4U Rack Server Supermicro SuperServer 8046B-6RF Nehalem-EX Quad Xeon® SAS Series Server System because i want to have a NVIDIA Quadro 6000 and 2 Nvidia Tesla pluged on the motherboard like the
5U Rack Server Supermicro SuperServer 5086B-TRF Westmere-EX 8-Way Xeon® SAS/SATA Series Server System or if i can have the 5086B-TRF with only 4 XEON CPU ?

Thank you and hope will read you sonn

Vinch

Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:11am
Hello Vinch,

The Supermicro B-6RF server has a 1400W redundant power supply, which will be plenty for the Nvidia Quadro 6000, two Tesla cards, and two processors. If you like, I can provide you with a quote if you would be so kind to provide me with your requirements.

Please feel free to continue posting any questions you may have, and thank you for visiting AVAForums!
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
 Post Reply Post Reply