FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Upcoming Video Game - Call of Duty: World at War

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming Video Game - Call of Duty: World at War
    Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 12:16pm

Upcoming Video Game - Call of Duty: World at War

Publisher: Activision
Release Date: November 11, 2008
Engine: COD 4

With Call of Duty 4 so popular, can Activision trump it or will fans hate it?  I think with newer more open gameplay, fans will like the different ways to complete missions based upon their own ideas and strategies.

Story

The story mode features two campaigns, the United States Marine Corps battling the Japanese Army in the Pacific, and the Soviet Red Army on the European Eastern Front towards the end of the war. One part of a level entitled Makin Raid shows an Allied prisoner of war being tortured by the Japanese before having his throat slit by a katana. The player's character witnesses this scene and is later rescued by U.S. Marines who liberate the camp. Two other levels were revealed by IGN: one involves the player using the machine guns on a PBY Catalina to attack a Japanese naval fleet, and the other shows the beginning of the Russian campaign. In that level, the player and a Russian sniper attack German troops under the cover of a bombing raid.

Gameplay

Call of Duty: World at War will feature a more mature theme than previous installments in the series. Swimming elements will be introduced to the series for the first time in single player and multiplayer. While in water, the player cannot sprint and will only move at half speed. Flamethrowers, first introduced in Call of Duty: United Offensive, will be reintroduced with new flammable environments. The game will be slightly more open-ended than previous games in the series, as there will be multiple ways to complete missions.

World at War will feature cooperative gameplay (four players via split-screen (on consoles) or four players online) for the first time in the franchise.  It will also use a perk system similar to Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4. Activision has confirmed the presence of vehicles in multiplayer. Multiplayer games will also have destructible environments that will break down when you shoot them or explode when you drop a grenade near them.

Related Links

Entry on Wikipedia

Official Website

Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
themandalorian View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 3:44pm
Hopefully I'll like it. I just Hate COD4 on my 360
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by themandalorian

I am with you on that.  I am starting to hate FPS on consoles due to the very hard to aim way of using joysticks.

Mouse just seem to be the better method of aiming and sniping.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 9:32pm

Halo 3 on the 360 is my love though :)

I just need to replace the thumbstick with a old Xbox thumbstick (my friends doing it for me)

You guys should sell pre made 360's in Lian Li cases :) 

Gojira View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote Gojira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 3:44am
Originally posted by MattSlagle

I am with you on that.  I am starting to hate FPS on consoles due to the very hard to aim way of using joysticks.

Mouse just seem to be the better method of aiming and sniping.

Absolutely!! No way can I play FPS games with those gamepads. I'll never understand Microsoft's decision not to support keyboard/mouse control on the 360,considering their biggest games are FPS.The original X-Box at least had a decent third party KB/M adapter,the SmartJoy Frag,that made it possible.Someone made something similar for the 360,but it wasn't very good.I suppose the consoles have their uses,but they can't match a good gaming PC for control and graphics,especially with FPS games. 
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 10:16am

You guys should sell pre made 360's in Lian Li cases :) 

Or make mini game computers which fit in the 360?  Technically it is possible, but the cost aspect would be so much higher then buying a normal 360.

Buy hey, if the need and want is there, I would nothing more than to design a mini-gaming system about the size of the 360 or PS3.  However the cost would still be around the $1000 mark or somewhere around there.

Unfortunatly, selling 360s in computer cases voids the warranty and we deal with computer hardware.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2008 at 2:27am

Yeahhhh, and now with the 65 nanometer GPU and CPU they're fine.

anyone excited for Fallout 3?

samuelsss View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote samuelsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 2:24pm
I think I'll enjoy this new game as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply