FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LUCID HYDRA 100 CHIP SERIES AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER VALIDATION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kattsmeow View Drop Down
AVADirect Techie
AVADirect Techie

Quote Kattsmeow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LUCID HYDRA 100 CHIP SERIES AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER VALIDATION
    Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:27pm
You have to check out this link...

This is the future of deploying parallel graphics power into PCs, laptops, motherboards or other creative implementations. Offers a groundbreaking approach to scaling 3D graphics performance in a multi-GPU environment. Lucid is demonstrating its HYDRA solutions to OEMs, ODMs and PC technology providers

All I can say is WoW, hurry up to market !  I want one yesterday ! ! !
Have You Had A Good Meow Today ?
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:12am
Katts,

This news has been around for about a month.  I am very excited about this because the CrossFire and SLI technology is still something that needs to be perfected.  This also opens so many other options.

Notebooks which plug into an external GPU for desktop performance.
True 4way GPU rendering without loss of power due to scaling issues.
Mix and match a 4870 and 4850 based upon budget and need.
No need to pay licensing fees or buy a very expensive motherboard for multi-GPUs.

Im predicting this will likely cause NVidia to quit the chipset business.  The only reason why NVidia was able to sell chipsets was due to SLI.  However, with ATI beating NVidia in the GPU segment and Intel beating NVidia in the chipset business, NVidia is done.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
Gojira View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote Gojira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 7:06pm
It seems this is getting close to reality,if the reports appearing recently are true.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/117/1050117/intel-puts-lucid-hydra-on-x58
An x58 board,Core i7 CPU,and the Hydra chip would be an unbeatable combination.  
Moto View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Moto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 12:10pm
Matt, it's one thing to say Nvidia is done, quite another to say it is done as a chipset maker. As far as video cards, far from done. Chipset, done, done. We also have to remember that AMD has a slight hand that will be driven out as well. Sadly what we are going to have is INTEL completely cornering the market as no one else  truly makes motherboard references in the advanced gamers market. Via MAY come back into the market, but I'm not counting on it.
AVADirect i965 4.00 GHz|CORSAIR 6GB Dominator 12800 DDR3 1600 CL9(8-8-8-24)|INTEL 80GB X25-M SSD 250/70 MB/s|WD 1TB Caviar Black|2xGTX295's|SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion 7.1 24/192KHz|CM ATCS 840|EVGA X58 Classified MB|PCP&C 1200 Watt P/S
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Moto

Matt, it's one thing to say Nvidia is done, quite another to say it is done as a chipset maker. As far as video cards, far from done. Chipset, done, done. We also have to remember that AMD has a slight hand that will be driven out as well. Sadly what we are going to have is INTEL completely cornering the market as no one else  truly makes motherboard references in the advanced gamers market. Via MAY come back into the market, but I'm not counting on it.

I know I know..... I ate my words too quickly.  NVidia is far from done in the GPU market as ATI cannot do as well in the drivers market.  ATI got greedy and created a product that they could not fully support (drivers and heat issues).

Also, there needs to be a new ATX reference board for Core i7 mobos.  Everyone is putting everything everywhere and its giving us a headache.  Video cards blocking ports, heatsink blocking video cards, different CPU heatsinks for different boards..... the madness will never end.
Matt Slagle
Moto View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote Moto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 5:23pm
I agree, I have yet to see a micro atx solution either. What I hope to see is a shrinking die leading to a cooler, less energy consumptive card, for both ATX and motherboard solutions that is every bit as powerful as full size/function boards
AVADirect i965 4.00 GHz|CORSAIR 6GB Dominator 12800 DDR3 1600 CL9(8-8-8-24)|INTEL 80GB X25-M SSD 250/70 MB/s|WD 1TB Caviar Black|2xGTX295's|SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion 7.1 24/192KHz|CM ATCS 840|EVGA X58 Classified MB|PCP&C 1200 Watt P/S
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Moto

I agree, I have yet to see a micro atx solution either. What I hope to see is a shrinking die leading to a cooler, less energy consumptive card, for both ATX and motherboard solutions that is every bit as powerful as full size/function boards

Moto,

You have to know how to look.  From what I see, I like.  The last DFI mATX board was able to OC the FSB up to 600 MHz.  Who knows what this board is gonna hit?  I know many many people have been waiting to see a truly great  mATX CFX/SLI board.

Matt Slagle
themandalorian View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 3:17am
Oh god i hope it comes out in january. Do you think its hype or worth waiting for. There is always the pcie slot to use though
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 10:07am
Originally posted by themandalorian

Oh god i hope it comes out in january. Do you think its hype or worth waiting for. There is always the pcie slot to use though

A mATX board that can do both SLI/CFX with 2x PCIe x16?!?!?!?!?!  This has been the holy grail of mATX users for many years.  The P45 mATX DFI board was great, but running in 2x 8x mode was a real bummer.

For small form factor enthusiasts like me, this board truly deserves all the hype it is getting.  As soon as this board comes out, look for AVADirect to have the only mATX SLI/CFX system in the market.  I truly do believe no one else will carry such a product.
Matt Slagle
StrivingCorzzet View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote StrivingCorzzet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 3:51am
It seems this is getting close to reality,if the reports appearing recently are true.
For small form factor enthusiasts like me, this board truly deserves all the hype it is getting.
Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 12:46pm
Hello StrivingCorzzet,

Agreed, I'm sure they will being to release more mATX boards in the 1155 and 2011 sockets, with Crossfire/SLI support. As long as the particular case of interest has enough cooling, it will be an amazing, mobile solution!

Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
 Post Reply Post Reply