FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dominator ram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gojira View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote Gojira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dominator ram
    Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 4:45am
I've noticed that the CORSAIR, 4GB (2 x 2GB) Dominator PC2-8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5  memory is listed in the memory options for the regular custom systems,but not in the options for any of the DDR2 gaming systems.Since 2x2 memory is better for overclocking,and the only comparable 2x2 1066MHz memory offered there is OCZ,which seems to have compatibility problems with popular Asus motherboards,it might be wise to make the Corsair memory available there as well. 
themandalorian View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 12:43am

Oh god you can get 8gb of Corsair DDR2 1066 on newegg, with 2 of the fans for 150 dollars!!!

lol wow that's insane. Hope it goes down even more :D

MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Gojira

I've noticed that the CORSAIR, 4GB (2 x 2GB) Dominator PC2-8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5  memory is listed in the memory options for the regular custom systems,but not in the options for any of the DDR2 gaming systems.Since 2x2 memory is better for overclocking,and the only comparable 2x2 1066MHz memory offered there is OCZ,which seems to have compatibility problems with popular Asus motherboards,it might be wise to make the Corsair memory available there as well. 

We are adding it as we speak.  However, the person in charge of the Gaming Systems is out of town at the moment, so the change may be in a few days.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
themandalorian View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 1:07am

Well I'm getting the same Memory now as you :) I'll check if they're up yet

oh and if you order some, do you get the fan included?

Jmundy View Drop Down
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Staff
AVADirect Sales

Quote Jmundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 1:40pm
I know for a fact, if you order Corsair Dominator 4GB (2 X 2) 1066Mhz, they will come with the fans.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Mundy
Assistant Sales Manager
1-216-503-6361
joseph.mundy@avadirect.com
 Post Reply Post Reply