FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Free Windows 7 Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
themandalorian View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote themandalorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Windows 7 Upgrade
    Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 8:30pm

http://www.overclock.net/software-news/427368-vr-z-check-if-you-eligible.html

so if i buy from you guys will i get it free? Or is prebuilt literally like dells and HP

MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by themandalorian

http://www.overclock.net/software-news/427368-vr-z-check-if-you-eligible.html

so if i buy from you guys will i get it free? Or is prebuilt literally like dells and HP

We are working out the specifics of this program.  Hopefully we can have more information on this very soon for our customers.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
kcolop View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote kcolop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 7:44pm
Matt,

I'm not seeing anything that says what an eligible user is as far as dates of purchase?

I got stuck with Windows ME and if I get stuck with Vista I'll be at the head of the crowd storming MS's Redmond offices!!!!!

They still support XP because they know Vista is a piece of garbage. When will we know how to get rid of it and get 7?
MattSlagle View Drop Down
AVADirect Guru
AVADirect Guru

Quote MattSlagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by kcolop

Matt,

I'm not seeing anything that says what an eligible user is as far as dates of purchase?

I got stuck with Windows ME and if I get stuck with Vista I'll be at the head of the crowd storming MS's Redmond offices!!!!!

They still support XP because they know Vista is a piece of garbage. When will we know how to get rid of it and get 7?

KColop, here is where we are at with this at the moment.

Not every license of Vista is eligible.  You must purchase the right license that includes the upgrade coupon to windows 7.  These license SKUs will be available starting in July.

If you purchase this SKU, you will have to use Vista until Windows 7 becomes available sometime late October.  You then submit this coupon to MS and they provide you with an upgrade DVD to windows 7.

We will begin posting these new SKUs in our OS dropdowns sometime next week.
Matt Slagle
AVADirect Research and Developement
kcolop View Drop Down
AVADirect Noob
AVADirect Noob

Quote kcolop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 1:11pm
So what your saying is since I already have purchased Vista I'd have to buy it again?

Fat chance. Two copies of crap.

I think Microsoft has stepped in it this time.
 Post Reply Post Reply