Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor 5400 Series
The breakthrough performance, energy efficiency, and reliability of Intel® Xeon® processor-based server systems make them the ideal choice for all of your data demanding or standard enterprise infrastructure applications.
Intel® processor-based servers enable businesses worldwide to do more and spend less—with outstanding price/performance and broad 64-bit choice across OEMs, operating systems, and applications. Supported by a single stable mainstream 2P server platform supporting a range of CPU options for IT flexibility, investment protection and easy migration from dual core to quad-core technology.
Reliable, efficient, proven performance. Why would you depend on anything else? Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers deliver it all. Put Intel® server technology to work in your datacenter.
||Thermal Design Power:
|L2 Cache Size:
|L2 Cache Speed:
||0.95V - 1.225V
|Product Order Codes:
Box Order Code:
OEM Order Code:
- Demand Based Switching
- Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
- Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology
- Execute Disable Bit
- Intel® EM64T
- Intel® I/OAT
- Intel® Thermal Monitor
- Intel® Virtualization Technology
- Quad Core
Features and Benefits:
|Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5400 series
- Up to 2x better performance than previous generation dual-coreand 5x better than single-core¹
- Up to 25 percent better performance and 38 percent betterperformance per watt than previous generation quad-core²
|Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor 5300 series
- 64-bit, quad-core computing with large 8 MB on-die cache
- Up to 4 times the performance versus previous-generationsingle-core processors³
- Better performance/watt than Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 5100series-based platformsξ
|Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 5200 series
- Supports dual two PCI second-generation adapters enables usersto process and visualize larger, more computationally intensiveworkloads
- Denser, more powerful HPC designs
- Improved store and forward algorithms and advanced I/O enableusers to quickly and efficiently process parallel workflows
|Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 5100 series
- Breakthrough performance at up to 3 times the performance versusprevious-generation single-core processors
- Enhanced power-efficient technologies for over 3 timesperformance/watt∂
- Wide range of 65 watt SKUs for performance-optimizeddeployments, plus 40 watt SKUs for ultra-dense deployments
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)±
- Enables more operating systems and software to run in today'svirtual environments
- Developed with virtualization software providers to enablegreater functionality and compatibility compared tonon-hardware-assisted virtual environments
|Intel® 64 architectureΦ
- Flexibility for 64-bit and 32-bit applications and operatingsystems
|Fully Buffered DIMM technology
- Up to 21 GB/s for 3 times the increase in memory bandwidth overprevious memory technology
- Up to 4 times the memory capacity up to 64 GB
- Enhanced reliability, availability, and serviceability features
|Intel® I/O Acceleration TechnologyΔ (Intel® I/OAT)
- Moves data more efficiently for fast, scalable, and reliablenetwork performance
- Ability to significantly reduce CPU overhead, freeing resourcesfor more critical tasks
|Enhanced reliability and manageability
- Many memory controller features, together with PCI Express RASfeatures, combine to help improve platform reliability vs.previous-generation platforms
- New features include Error Correcting Code (ECC) system bus, newmemory mirroring and I/O hot-plug
¹ Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor x5460 series delivers up to 119% (2.19x) higher performance when compared to Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 5160 series as published/measured using SPECjbb2005* in October 2007. Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor x5460 series delivers up to 443% (5.43x) when compared to single-core 64-bit Intel Xeon processor 3.80GHz as published/measured using SPECint*_rate_base2006 in October 2007.
² Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor x5460 series delivers up to 25% (1.25x) higher performance when compared to Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor 5365 series as published/measured using SPECjbb2005* in October 2007. Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor 5450 series delivers up to 38% (1.38x) higher performance per watt when compared to Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor E5335 as published/measured using SPECjbb2005* in October 2007.
³ For further information see www.intel.com/performance/server/xeon/app.htm
ξ For further information see www.intel.com/performance/server/xeon/ppw.htm
Δ Microsoft will support Intel® I/OAT in future Microsoft Windows Server* releases. For more information, visit www.intel.com/go/ioat
Φ 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Consult with your system vendor for more information.
± Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
About Intel Products
Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC; SEHK: 4335) is the world's largest semiconductor company and the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in many personal computers. Founded in 1968 as Integrated Electronics Corporation and based in Santa Clara, California, USA, Intel also makes motherboard chipsets, network cards and ICs, flash memory, graphic chips, embedded processors, and other devices related to communications and computing. Originally known primarily to engineers and technologists, Intel's successful "Intel Inside" advertising campaign of the 1990s made it and its Pentium processor household names. During the 1990s, Intel invested heavily in new microprocessor designs and in fostering the rapid growth of the PC industry. During this period Intel became the dominant supplier of microprocessors for PCs.
AVADirect Custom Computers is Authorized Intel Products Reseller and System Ingerator
Partnership with leading hardware suppliers provides AVADirect great benefits of lower pricing, enhanced technical support and prioritized new product delivery to make sure that our customers always get the latest technology and the best value.
Being partnered with many quality hardware suppliers in the industry, we at AVADirect are proud to inform that we were recognized as an authorized Intel Products reseller and system integrator.
We offer a complete line of Intel Products products on our website available either as components in custom computer builds or as separate off-the-shelf parts, the product lines we offer consist of
Intel Products Servers,
Intel Products Xeon Servers,
Intel Products Server Platforms,
Intel Products Core I3 Desktop Processors,
Intel Products Core I5 Desktop Processors,
Intel Products Core I7 Desktop Processors,
Intel Products Xeon Server Processors,
Intel Products Desktop PCs,
Intel Products Gaming PCs,
Intel Products Servers,
and other products. You can also browse all Intel Products products.