NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800G by PNY Technologies is an ideal solution for applications requiring unprecedented levels of immersive realism or interactive visualization that utilize Frame Lock or Genlock functionality to choreograph multi-device film and video environments, or visualization clusters for effects rendering, scientific or engineering use.
Frame Lock synchronizes the display channels from multiple workstations, creating a single “virtual display,” that can be driven by a multi-system cluster for performance scalability. Using the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800G by PNY, scientists and engineers can now develop scalable, open standards driven, visualization clusters that can dramatically outperform expensive proprietary solutions at a fraction of their cost.
Genlock (also known as “house sync”) allows graphics output to be synchronized to an external source, typically for film and broadcast video applications.
Along with Frame Lock and Genlock functionality the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800G by PNY incorporates NVIDIA’s second generation unified architecture to deliver up to a 50% performance improvement over the first generation through 240 processor cores. Revolutionary NVIDIA CUDA™ technology provides a simplified computing platform for data-intensive applications using a standard C language interface to solve complex computational problems. The reference standard for Shader Model 4.0, Quadro FX 5800G enables next generation ultra-realistic, real-time visualization applications with unprecedented image quality.
Key Features and Benefits:
Allows the display channels from multiple workstations to be synchronized, thus creating one large "virtual display" that can be driven by a multisystem cluster for performance scalability.
Also known as "house sync." Genlock allows the graphics output to synchronized to an external source, typically for film and broadcast video applications.
4GB GDDR3 GPU memory with ultra fast memory bandwidth
Industry's first 4GB frame buffer and massive memory bandwidth up to 102GB/sec delivers high throughput for interactive visualization of large models and high performance for real-time processing of large textures and frames and enables the highest quality and resolution full-scene antialiasing (FSAA).
NVIDIA CUDA™ parallel computing processor
A parallel computing processor architecture exposed through a C language environment and tool suite in combination with high performance visualization, CUDA unleashes new capabilities to solve highly complex challenges such as real-time ray tracing, video encoding, and interactive volume rendering.
Highest color fidelity
10-bit per component color fidelity enables billions rather than millions of color variations for rich, vivid image quality with the broadest dynamic range.
DisplayPort digital display connector
DisplayPort supports ultra high-resolution panels (up to 2560 x 1600) which results in amazing image quality and detailed photorealistic images.
Dual dual-link DVI-I display connectors
Two dual-link TDMS transmitters support ultra high-resolution panels (up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz on each panel) resulting in amazing image quality and detailed photorealistic images.
Quad buffered stereo
Offers enhanced visual experience for professional applications that demand stereo viewing capability.
NVIDIA SLI technology
A revolutionary platform innovation that enables professional users to dynamically scale graphics performance, enhances image quality, and expands display real estate.
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 by PNY Architecture
- Physical dimensions: ATX form factor, 4.36 inches x 10.5 inches, dual slot
- G-Sync physical dimensions: 4.20 inches x 4.25 inches
- Frame buffer memory: 4GB GDDR3
- Memory interface: 512-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 102GB/sec
- Maximum power consumption: 189W
- Graphics bus: PCI Express Gen 2 x16
- Display connectors: DVI-I + DVI-I + DisplayPort + ST
- Dual-link DVI: Yes (2)
- DisplayPort: Yes (1)
- Auxiliary power connectors: Yes (2), one 8-pin and one 6-pin
- Number of slots: 3 (2 for FX 5800 and 1 for G-Sync board)
- Thermal solution: Active fansink
- Genlock/Framelock: BNC Genlock (analog or digital) connector, 2 RJ45 Frame Lock connectors, status indicator LED
- NVIDIA SLI™ technology: Yes
- 128-bit color precision
- Unlimited fragment instruction
- Unlimited vertex instruction
- 3D volumetric texture support
- Hardware accelerated antialiased points and lines
- Hardware OpenGL overlay planes
- Hardware accelerated two-sided lighting
- Hardware accelerated clipping planes
- 3rd generation occlusion culling
- Window ID clipping functionality
- Hardware accelerated line stippling
High Level Shader Languages
- Full Shader Model 4.0 (OpenGL 2.1/DirectX 10 class)
- Long fragment programs (unlimited instructions)
- Long vertex programs (unlimited instructions)
- Looping and subroutines (up to 256 loops per vertex program)
- Dynamic flow control
- Conditional execution
- Optimized complier for Cg and Microsoft HLSL
- OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 10 support
- Open source compiler
Display Resolution Support
- Rotated Grid Full-Scene Antialiasing (RG FSAA)
- 32x FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or “jaggies” at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- 64x FSAA SLI mode
- Single DisplayPort support – ultra high-resolution panels (up to 2560 x 1600)
- Dual dual-link DVI-I outputs drive two digital displays at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz
- Internal 400MHz DACs drive two analog displays up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz
- Advanced multi-display desktop and application management seamlessly integrated into Microsoft Windows
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 by PNY graphics board
- G-Sync board
- G-Sync board cabling kit
- Two DVI-I to VGA adapters
- Two auxiliary power connector cables
- Drivers for Windows XP and Vista (Linux available on web)
- Detailed Installation Guide
- QuickStart Installation Guide
- Quadro Application Utilities on CD-ROM (MAXtreme™, POWERdraft™)
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (32-bit)
- Linux® – full OpenGL implementation with NVIDIA and ARB extensions (64-bit and 32-bit)
- AMD64, Intel EM64T
- PCI Express 2.0 support
- PC compatible with Intel Pentium® 4/Xeon® or AMD Opteron® class processor or higher
- Open PCI Express x16 lane slot with open adjacent slot
- Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Linux, or Solaris
- 1GB system memory
- 100MB of available disk space for full installation
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- VGA, DVI-I or DisplayPort compatible display