|SYMANTEC 21197210 PRODUCT INFO
Norton AntiVirus 2012
- Browser protection
- Network mapping and monitoring
- Worm protection
- Rootkit protection
Eliminates viruses and spyware with the industry’s most effective protection
- #1-ranked Norton is proven to stop online threats before they can infect your computer.*
- Four different layers of smart protection detect and eliminate threats so you can rest easy knowing you’re protected.
- Indentifies and stops new threats faster than other less sophisticated security software.
Stay protected without interruptions or slowdowns
- Ranked #1 in performance, with the fastest speeds in the industry, so it won’t slow down your computer. **
- Runs in the background, so it won’t disrupt your work or play.
- Won’t swallow up your computer’s memory and hard disk space.
Get up and running fast with quick setup and easy-to-use features
- Installs in less than a minute with a single mouse click.
- Proactively tells you if files and applications are safe, or may slow down or crash your computer.
- Improved customizable Control Center now lets you choose between a simple or detailed view for accessing program controls and Web-based Norton services.
- Norton Protection System - provides four unique layers of powerful protection proven to stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
- Insight - checks where files came from and how long they’ve been around to stops new online threats before they can cause you trouble.
- Download Insight 2.0 - protects you from dangerous applications by telling you if an application may harm the health and stability of your computer before you download it.
- SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection - monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect and stop new threats.
- Norton Management - is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the Internet.
- Network threat protection - detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
- Browser protection - smart protection springs into action as your browser begins to load to stop online threats before they can do any harm.
- Vulnerability protection - stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Bandwidth management - limits non-critical Norton updates when you connect to 3G networks so it won’t eat up your monthly data allotment or cause overage fees.
- Norton Pulse Updates - updates your protection every 5 to15 minutes—without disrupting you—for up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
- FREE 24x7 support - offers you expert help and answers by phone, email, live chat or online whenever you need it. ***
- Norton Control Center - gives you easy access to program settings and Web-based Norton services from your choice of a standard detailed view or new simplified view.
- Email and instant message monitoring - scans email and IMs for suspicious links, attachments and other tricks cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your money.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool - creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up.
- Silent mode - puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you’re watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
- Smart scheduler - runs scans and updates only when you’re not using your PC.
- Monthly report - tells you what Norton AntiVirus has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
- Power saver settings - maximizes your laptop’s battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.
Operating Systems Supported
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
*AV-TEST Real World Protection and Remediation Testing Report, September 2011.
**PassMark Software, 2012 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Edition 1), September 2011
***Symantec provides free 24x7 email, chat, and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation. NortonLive™ Services sold separately. Availability of support channels vary by region, and regular Internet connection fees and call charges may apply in certain countries. For full details and to access support, go to www.symantec.com/globalsupport
‡1 Year Protection: With this service, you receive the right to use this product on one PC or on the specified numbers of PCs during the service period, which begins upon initial installation. This renewable service includes protection updates and new product features as available during the service period, subject to acceptance of the Symantec Agreement included with this product and available for review at www.symantec.com. Product features may be added, modified, or removed during the service period.
Copyright® 2011 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec Logo, the Checkmark Logo, Norton, and NortonLive are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.