Office Home and Student 2013
Your Office for home and homework
- Office on 1 PC for business use
- Store your documents online with SkyDrive
- Access, edit, and share your documents on any Internet-connected Windows 7 or 8 device using free Office Web Apps1
- In the new Read Mode, text reflows automatically in columns for easier on-screen reading
- Fewer menus means more focus on your content—see only the tools you need, when you need them
- Open a PDF in Word, and edit content just as if you created it in Word
- Show your style by using Word templates in more than 40 categories
- Each workbook has in its own window, making it easier to work on two workbooks —or two monitors —at once
- New functions in the math and trig, statistical, engineering, date and time, lookup and reference, logical, and text function categories
- The new Recommended Charts button lets you pick from a variety of charts that are right for your data
- Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while the audience only sees the slide
- Smart Guides automatically appear when your objects are close to even, and tell you when objects are spaced evenly
- Support for more multimedia formats, such as .mp4 and .mov, more high-definition content, and more built-in codecs
- Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse on any touch-capable device
- OneNote automatically converts your handwriting to text, so no worries about your handwriting
- The new Send to OneNote tool makes it easier to include documents or Web pages in your notebooks
With time-saving features and a clean, modern look across all your programs, school assignments and personal projects can get done even faster. Plus, save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive to access virtually anywhere.
Your personalized Office experience
- Capture your ideas however you work best—with keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- View Word documents in the new Read mode for a pleasant and focused reading experience on large or small screens.
- Capture and organize all kinds of information in OneNote—notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, even videos—and share it virtually anywhere.
Turn ideas into beautiful documents
- Easily work with others on your shared documents with free Office Web Apps1.
- Present a Word document on your screen to others using only a browser with the Present Online feature, even if they don't have Word installed.
- Save your work to SkyDrive and access it from almost anywhere.
- Easily incorporate content from PDFs into your Word documents.
- Use Recommended Charts to visualize your Excel data and draw conclusions in less time.
1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
Required Operating System
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
Required Hard Disk Space
3.0 GB available
Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
.NET version 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x
Additional System Requirements
Multi-touch: A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
1 An appropriate device, Internet connection and supported browser is required