GA-H55M-S2V (rev. 1.3)
Intel® H55 Chipset
- Unique On/Off Charge delivers the best recharging capability to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- 3x USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
- Supports Intel Core i5/ Core i3 LGA1156 processors featuring integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Ultimate graphics performance with PCI-Ex16 interface
- AutoGreen technology Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
- Patented DualBIOS™ technology delivering highest level failure protection
- Integrated DVI interface for smoother HD video playback
- Features high speed Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Compatible with Windows 7 to deliver the best operation experience
- Meet European Union ErP(Energy-related Products) requirement
On/Off Charge Support
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology that enables faster iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch charging. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge technology allows iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, with the added benefit that the PC can be on, in standby mode or even off.
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
3x USB Power Boost
GIGABYTE motherboards feature a 3x USB power boost, delivering greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices. GIGABYTE’s unique USB power design is also able to efficiently regulate output over the full voltage range, which greatly enhances USB device compatibility. In addition, dedicated lower resistance fuses ensure lower voltage drops, and provide more stable and plentiful power delivery.
Excellent Intel® HD Graphics performance - 3DMARK VANTAGE E8000+ marks!!
3DMARK VANTAGE E8000+ marks on H57/H55 system configuration
Intel Core i5 661, CPU@4.8GHz, GPU@ 900MHz, 4GB DDR3-1760(OC), Vista 32, 3DMARK VANTAGE.
* E8000+ marks in 3DMARK VANTAGE was achieved by overclocking.
* Please be aware that GIGABYTE's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking.
Intel® Core™ i7/ Core™ i5/ Core™ i3 LGA 1156 Processors
Supporting the latest Intel® core™ i7, core™ i5 and core™ i3 processors featuring the first time ever integrated graphics on chip and lga 1156 socket (core™ i5 and core™ i3 processors only), gigabyte h5x series motherboards set a new standard in multimedia platform for high definition contents playback. with the gpu integrated directly into the processor die, gigabyte h5x motherboards support 2 channel ddr3 memory, wide range of display interfaces that includes vga, dvi, HDMI and displayport (depends on model). additionally, the gigabyte h5x series are optimized for greater graphics performance by enabling overclocking the GPU core frequency for a performance gain of up to 13%.
*onboard motherboard display functionality requires a processor with Intel graphics technology.
GIGABYTE Cloud OC is a free overclocking application that facilitates PC overclocking through any web browsing capable device such as a smart phone, iPad, iPhone, Netbooks or notebook PC. Being browser based it connects via wireless Internet, Bluetooth or through an Ethernet cable and its many functions are categorized into three tabs: Tuner, System Info and Control.
GIGABYTE Hotkey OC allows users to create and save various profiles that can be adopted for different benchmarks. Hotkey OC then allows users to jump between these profiles on the fly so that the best profile for each segment within the benchmark can be used to optimize scores and boost overall performance. So, for example, when running 3DMark 06 the 1st profile might be optimized for graphics and can be used for the first two graphics tests, then the next two tests can utilize the 2nd profile which might be optimized for CPU tests, and one could jump back to the 1st profile again for the final two graphics (shader) tests.
AutoGreen- Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
AutoGreen technology can automatically save power for you simply by your bluetooth cell phone when you are away from your computer.
Note: GIGABYTE motherboards do not include a Bluetooth® receiver; the addition of a 3rd party Bluetooth receiver is required.
DualBIOS™ - Patented Dual Hardware BIOS Protection
DualBIOS™ is a GIGABYTE patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating.
Norton™ Internet Security
Fast, comprehensive, and up-to-the-minute protection against online threats. It safeguards your computer, identity, and home network without slowing you down. It sets a new standard for speed and makes online shopping, banking, and browsing safer and more convenient than ever.
Windows® 7 WHQL Certified
The motherboard has obtained WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification for Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards.
ErP Lot 6 support
The ErP (as known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of new European Union's environment regulations. ErP established is based on the concern of environmental issues regards electronic devices been gained popularity and how to improve energy efficiency for better and greener life. GIGABYTE presents standard motherboards to help you effectively improving system performance and saving more energy.
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors in the LGA1156 package (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest CPU support list.)
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel® H55 Express Chipset
(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.)
- 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1)
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2200/1800/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Support for non-ECC memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
||Integrated in the Chipset:
- 1 x DVI-D port (Note 2)(Note 3)
- 1 x D-Sub port (Note 2)
- Realtek ALC888B codec
- High Definition Audio
- 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel (Note 4)
- 1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
|Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x D-Sub port (Note 2)
- 1 x DVI port (Note 2)(Note 3)
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- System voltage detection
- CPU temperature detection
- CPU/System fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System fan fail warning
- CPU fan speed control (Note 5)
- 2 x 8 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune (Note 6)
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft® Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 21.0cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors no longer offer support for Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
||(Note 1) Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
(Note 2) To use the onboard DVI-D/D-Sub port, you must install an Intel CPU with integrated graphics.
(Note 3) The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
(Note 4) To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
(Note 5) Whether the CPU fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU cooler you install.
(Note 6) Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
* The specification and pictures are subject to change without notice.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.