NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 by PNY Technologies graphics boards are the industry's highest performance professional graphics solution for extreme CAD, DCC, and visualization applications.
The NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 by PNY shatters performance limits facing CAD, DCC, and visualization applications. Armed with a radically new graphics architecture engineered to address the most demanding challenges, NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 by PNY delivers 33.6GB/sec. memory bandwidth and a 256-bit memory interface with support for 1024MB of ultra-fast GDDR2 memory. Featuring two dual-link DVI connectors, NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 by PNY offers the industry's best image quality at resolutions up to 3840 x 2400.
Key Features and Benefits
- Highest Workstation Application Performance
Next-generation architecture enables over 2x improvement in geometry and fill rates with the industry's highest performance for professional CAD, DCC, and visualization applications.
- 1024MB Ultra-Fast GDDR2
Delivers high throughput for interactive visualization of large models and high-performance for real-time processing of large textures and frames and enables the highest quality and resolution full-scene antialiasing (FSAA).
- Unmatched Color Precision
Full 128-bit precision graphics pipeline enables sophisticated mathematical computations to maintain high accuracy, resulting in unmatched visual quality. Full IEEE 32-bit floating-point precision per color component (RGBA) delivers millions of color variations with the broadest dynamic range.
- Next-Generation Vertex and Pixel Programmability
NVIDIA Quadro FX GPUs introduce infinite length vertex programs and dynamic flow control, removing the previous limits on complexity and structure of shader programs. With full support for Vertex and Shader Model 3.0, NVIDIA Quadro FX GPUs deliver sophisticated effects never before imagined for real-time graphics systems.
- Unparalleled Subpixel Precision
12-bit subpixel precision delivers high geometric accuracy, eliminating spreckles, cracks, and other rasterization anomalies.
- Hardware-Accelerated Pixel Read-Back
Greater than 2.4GB/Sec., pixel read-back performance delivers massive host throughout, more than 10x the performance of previous generation graphics systems.
- Rotated Grid Full Screen Antialiasing (RG FSAA)
RG FSAA sampling algorithm introduces far greater sophistication in the sampling pattern, significantly increasing color accuracy and visual quality for edges and lines, reducing "jaggies" while maintaining performance.
- High Precision Dynamic Range Imaging (HPDR) Technology
Sets new standards for image clarity and quality through floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.
- NVIDIA PureVideo Technology
NVIDIA PureVideo technology is the combination of high-definition video processors and software that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for SD and HD video content. Features include high-quality scaling, spatial temporal de-interlacing, inverse telecine, and high quality HD video playback from DVD.
- Dual Dual-Link Digital Display Connectors
Two dual-link TMDS transmitters support ultra high resolution panels (up to 3840 x 2400 at 24Hz on each panel) - resulting in amazing image quality and detailed photorealistic images.
- NVIDIA SLI Technology
NVIDIA SLI technology enables dynamically scalable graphics performance, enhanced image quality, and expanded display real estate.
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 by PNY Architecture
- 128-bit color precision
- Unlimited fragment instruction
- Unlimited vertex instruction
- 3D volumetric texture support
- Single-system powerwall
- 12 pixels per clock rendering engine
- Hardware accelerated antialiased points and lines
- Hardware OpenGL overlay planes
- Hardware accelerated two-sided lighting
- Hardware accelerated clipping planes
- 3rd generation occlusion culling
- 16 textures per pixel in fragment programs
- Window ID clipping functionality
- Hardware accelerated line stippling
- Fully programmable GPU (OpenGL 2.0/DirectX 9.0C class)
- Long fragment programs (unlimited instructions)
- Long vertex programs (unlimited instructions)
- Looping and subroutines (up to 256 loops per vertex program)
- Dynamic flow control
- Conditional execution
High Level Shader Languages
- Optimized complier for Cg and Microsoft HLSL
- OpenGL 2.0 and DirectX 9.0C support
- Open source compiler
- 12-bit subpixel sampling precision enhances antialiasing quality
- Rotated Grid Full-Scene Antialiasing (RG FSAA)
- 16x FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or "jaggies" at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
Display Resolution Support
- Twin dual link DVI outputs drive two digital displays at resolutions up to 3840 x 2400 at 24Hz
- Internal 400MHz DACs drive two analog displays up to 2048 x 1536 at 75Hz
NVIDIA nView Architecture
- Advanced multi-display desktop and application management seamlessly integrated into Microsoft Windows
Physical Dimensions, Power, and Cooling
- Physical dimensions: ATX form factor, 4.38 inches x 9.0 inches
- Power: 96W
- Thermal management: Active fan sink
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5550 by PNY graphics board
- Two DVI-I to VGA adapters
- Auxiliary power connector cable
- Drivers for Windows XP and 2000
- Detailed Installation Guide
- Quickstart Installation Guide
- Quadro Application Utilities on CD-ROM (MAXtreme™, POWERdraft™)
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (32-bit)
- Linux - full OpenGL implementation with NVIDIA and ARB extensions (64-bit and 32-bit)
- AMD64, Intel EM64T
Minimum System Requirements
- PC compatible with Intel Pentium® 4/Xeon® or AMD Opteron® class processor or higher
- Open PCI Express x16 lane slot
- Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, or Linux
- 256MB system memory
- 50MB of available disk space for full installation
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- VGA or DVI-I compatible display
- 350W power supply (450W required for SLI)
Established in 1985, PNY Technologies, Inc. delivers a full spectrum of high-quality products for everything in and around the computer. PNY is a leading manufacturer and supplier of computer graphics accelerator cards for consumers and professional graphics boards for professionals, memory upgrade modules, Flash Media and Flash peripherals. PNY products are used by a number of Fortune 500 OEM customers for applications that range from high-end computing and Internet/telecommunications infrastructure equipment to desktop, notebook and network servers. The company's retail product line includes products used in a growing number of consumer electronics devices, such as personal computers, digital cameras and PDA devices. PNY products are now available at major retail outlets, mail order outlets, online retailers, value-added resellers and distribution channels throughout the U.S. and Europe.
AVADirect Custom Computers is Authorized PNY Reseller and System Ingerator
Partnership with leading hardware suppliers provides AVADirect great benefits of lower pricing, enhanced technical support and prioritized new product delivery to make sure that our customers always get the latest technology and the best value.
Being partnered with many quality hardware suppliers in the industry, we at AVADirect are proud to inform that we were recognized as an authorized PNY reseller and system integrator.
We offer a complete line of PNY products on our website available either as components in custom computer builds or as separate off-the-shelf parts, the product lines we offer consist of
PNY Video Cards,
PNY Quadro FX Cards,
PNY Quadro NVS Cards,
PNY Verto Cards,
PNY XLR8 Cards,
PNY Quadro Plex Units,
PNY Visual Computing Systems,
and other products. You can also browse all PNY products.