The UNIMUX™ High Density VGA USB KVM Switch allows a user to control up to 32 USB computers with one USB keyboard, USB mouse and VGA monitor. Dedicated internal microprocessors emulate keyboard and mouse presence to each attached CPU 100% of the time so all computers boot error-free.
- The High Density Switch saves rack space
- 4-, 8- and 16-port switches are 1RU in height.
- 32-port switch is 2RU in height.
- Rackmount kit included.
- Features NTI's patented true autoboot USB switching – all attached computers can be booted simultaneously.
- Compatible with USB computers (PC, SUN and MAC).
- Crisp and clear 1920x1200 video resolution.
- Equipped with OSD, RS232, and Ethernet.
- High quality steel construction.
- Cascade UNIMUX switches off a single master switch to control up to 1,024 computers as if from one switch.
- Flash upgradeable.
- Cabling runs are simplified with NTI's high density KVM switch cables.
- Optional support for a USB 2.0 (low/full speed) device, in addition to keyboard and mouse, such as a 3M or Elo USB touch screen monitor, SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboards, or CAC card reader.
- Optional extender port for locating a remote user up to 300 feet via CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Only one user can be active at a time.
- Locked out user must wait five seconds after last keystroke or mouse movement from active user.
- For switches with the additional USB port option, the remote user does not have access to the extra USB device.
- Female 15-pin HD connectors.
- Supports USB computers with VGA video.
- Multiplatform support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, and MAC OS 9/10.
- Any legacy PS/2 or SUN computer can be connected by using a USB-PS2-R or USB-SUN-R.
- Crisp and clear 1920x1200 resolution.
- One female 15-pin HD connector.
- A multiscan VGA monitor is required to display the different video outputs from different platforms.
- Bandwidth is 150 MHz.
- Two female USB Type A connectors.
- Compatible with most USB keyboards and mice, including Microsoft USB Intellimouse®, Logitech Cordless Elite Duo keyboard/mouse, Gyration keyboard/mouse, Crystal Vision keyboard with touchpad, and IKEY combo keyboard/touchpad.
- Keyboard and mouse are hot-pluggable.
- Available with an optional female USB Type A connector for an additional USB 2.0 (low/full speed) device.
- Use to connect a 3M or Elo USB touch screen monitor, CAC card reader, or SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboard.
- USB maximum data rate: 12 Mbps.
- 110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via IEC connector.
- Available power cord lengths: 1/1.5/3/6 feet
- 4-, 8- and 16-port switches WxDxH (in):
- 16.7x6.8x1.75 (without supplied rackmount kit)
- 19x6.8x1.75 (with supplied rackmount kit)
- 32-port switches WxDxH (in): 19x10x3.5
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C)
- Storage temperature: -20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
- Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH.
Front Panel Interface
- Touch a button and be connected to a computer or change modes of operation.
- LEDs indicate currently selected port and mode of operation.
- Female RJ45 connector.
- Baud rate 1200 to 115200.
- Address up to 15 units, all of which can be daisy-chained and controlled by one serial port.
- CS - connects output with specific input.
- RO - reads what input is connected to output.
- RU - reads size of switch.
- Female RJ45 connector.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface.
- Supported protocol: Telnet.
- Control can be done over Telnet.
- Commands are similar to RS232 commands.
- The telnet server listens on port 2005 (configurable).
- Port 2005 is intended for a software control type session.
On Screen Display (OSD)
- Scan, Broadcast, or Command Modes are available from the keyboard.
- Use the keyboard to command the switch box to select ports or configure the SCAN delay.
- Select computers by name with the On Screen Display (OSD).
- Use keyboard or mouse to operate the switch from menus superimposed onto the monitor.
- Shows names of computers on cascaded switches up to 1024 ports.
- Names can be up to 12 characters long.
- Power status of each computer is displayed.
- View usage statistics – power-on cycles and hours of usage.
- Helps screens assists users with the OSD.
- Modify the size and position of the OSD.
- OSD is built into the switch-no need to install additional hardware or software.
- OS and software-independent.
- Advanced security included.
- Each user password can be up to 15 characters long, and each switch can store up to 63 users.
- Administrator can enable or disable all security features and select which computers each user can access.
- Once security is enabled, a user or administrator must login in order to access any of the computers connected to the switch.