How to let up to eight users control 32 USB-enabled PC, SUN and MAC computers
Also known as: Industrial USB KVM Matrix Switch, multiple users control many USB PC SUN MAC Computers, rackmount USB KVM matrix switch.
The UNIMUX™ VGA USB KVM Matrix Switch allows up to eight users to individually command or simultaneously share up to 32 USB computers. Access USB-enabled PC, SUN, and MAC computers using USB keyboards and mice, and VGA multiscan monitors.
USB host computers and USB devices can be hot-plugged or removed at any time. Allows any USB device (keyboard and/or mouse) to control any attached USB host computer. International keyboard layouts are supported in auto-detection mode, or can be manually selected via the On Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Equipped with OSD, Liquid Crystal Display, and RS232.
- Rackmount is standard on all UNIMUX-nXm-U models. The smaller models are also available in a desktop case.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent computers from locking up, ensuring reliable control.
- Fully compliant with USB standards (1.0, 1.1).
- The advanced OSD user interface with password security makes the UNIMUX USB KVM Matrix Switch simple and reliable to use in Enterprise data centers.
- Computers can be shared or used exclusively.
- Crestron® compatible.
Optional stereo audio support using an Audio Matrix Add-On Switch (not included).
- Supported USB KVM Matrix Switches (UNIMUX-nXm-UA) feature a male DB9 connector for connecting the Audio Matrix Add-On Switch.
- Sixteen female 15-pin HD and sixteen female USB Type B connectors.
- Multiplatform support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, and MAC OS 9/10.
- Supports PCs with USB-enabled OS (Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003, Linux) and USB ports.
- Supports PCs with USB-enabled BIOS (legacy USB support) and USB ports.
- Supports SUN Blade 100, SUN Blade 1000, SUN Fire™ 240 and SUN Ray.
- Supports MAC G4, G5 and Xserve.
- Supports MAC soft (keyboard) power-on.
- Any legacy PS/2 or SUN computer can be connected by using a USB-PS2-R or USB-SUN-R adapter.
- Crisp and clear 1920x1200 resolution.
- Four Female 15-pin HD connectors.
- A multiscan VGA monitor is required to display the different video outputs from different platforms.
- Bandwidth is 150 MHz.
- Interface cables between your computers and the switch are required for proper operation. Use USBVEXT-xx-MM and standard interface cables to connect switches to computers.
- Cables not included.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C)
- Storage temperature: -20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
- Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH.
- Four sets of female USB Type A connectors for keyboards and mice.
- Compatible with most USB keyboards and mice, including Microsoft USB Intellimouse®, Logitech Cordless Elite Duo keyboard and mouse, Gyration keyboard/mouse, Crystal Vision keyboard with touchpad, and iKey DI-5K USB.
- Keyboard and mouse are hot-pluggable.
- USB MAC and SUN startup keys are supported on all platforms of input devices.
- Keystrokes are translated across platforms.
- 110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 25W
- Add -48V5V10A, optional internal DC-DC converter to install the UNIMUX-4X16-U in a Telecom environment.
Compatible NTI Products
Combine NTI emulators and switches for complex applications.
- VGA EDID Emulator (VGA-EDID-EMLTR)