1. Scope of the Limited Product Warranty
Limited means: not physically damaged; used in normal environmental and chemically safe conditions; not available components are subject for equivalent replacement; not used beyond manufacturer guaranteed specifications; having original manufacturer serial number certificates on all applicable components not altered or made otherwise illegible.
The limited warranty covers defects in components and workmanship in our custom built systems for the applicable limited warranty set forth in your packing slip or invoice. The warranty start date begins on the day of shipment as stated on the invoice.
The limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Software, including the operating system and software installed by AVADirect's assembly and testing process, as well as any third party software.
- Failure due to viruses, bugs, or any type of malicious software.
- Hardware or components not assembled into the system by AVADirect staff.
- External computer hardware products and peripherals that are not purchased from AVADirect: speakers, keyboards, monitors, etc.
Problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power
- Servicing not authorized by AVADirect
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions
- Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance
- Failure to follow AVADirect's technical support or RMA instructions including improper packaging that is not in accordance with product instructions
- Product that has been damaged by actions that are beyond AVADirect's control, including for example, impacts, fluids, fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning or similar disaster, war, strike, lockout, epidemic, destruction of production facilities, riot, insurrection or material unavailability
- Product for which AVADirect has not received payment.
- Any type of components custom modified by AVADirect through painting or finishing, disassembly, cutting, etc.
AVADirect will replace or repair any component or system covered by warranty free of charge. AVADirect reserves the right to substitute a comparable component or offer an upgrade option if the defective component is unavailable. The replaced hardware may be new or serviceably used, and will be comparable in function to the original. AVADirect will ship free of charge any item covered by warranty back to the customer in the continental United States. Any other shipping fees will be covered by the customer.
Any such warranty service or replaced parts do not extend the system warranty in any way shape or form. If a whole replacement unit is required, it carries with it the same warranty length as the original system. Services not covered under warranty will be charged all shipping expenses incurred and charged the current labor rate of $35/hr USD.
2. Complete Systems Limited Warranty
AVADirect defines complete system as a fully functional computer system that includes all major system components assembled by AVADirect using third party parts, and operating system pre-loaded by AVADirect.
AVADirect's complete systems are covered by a 1-year or 3-year limited warranty, depending on the product purchased. To determine warranty length, see warranty item text in order details.
AVADirect will replace any defective complete system component for up to the period stated by the warranty purchased from the invoice date free of charge. The defective component must have failed under normal operating circumstances, any modification or abnormal usage of such component by customer voids AVADirect's warranty.
3. Barebone Systems Limited Warranty
AVADirect defines a barebone system as a unit assembled by AVADirect using third party parts that does not contain one or more major system components including operating system, and that is thus not fully functional.
AVADirect barebone systems come with a standard 1-year limited warranty.
AVADirect will replace any defective barebone system component for up to the warranty period from the invoice date free of charge. The defective component must have failed under normal operating circumstances, any modification or abnormal usage of such component by customer voids AVADirect's warranty.
AVADirect will not be responsible for any conflicts and issues between software and hardware in incomplete systems that were sold without operating system, or the cause of the problem is software or hardware added by customer.
4. Manufacturers Component Warranty
Once AVADirect's custom built product warranty expires, the components may still be covered by respective component manufacturer's warranties. Many manufacturers offer one or more additional years on their product warranties. Warranty length and coverage depends on specific component and manufacturer and can be determined by contacting the manufacturer.
5. Lifetime Labor Limited Warranty
AVADirect warrants that its custom built products will be free of defects from workmanship, when used under normal operating circumstances for as long as customer owns the system. AVADirect will repair or replace such failed custom built product purchased from AVADirect free of charge. If the cause of failure was due to customer negligence or customer error, AVADirect reserves the right to charge the customer the current labor rate to service the system.
6. Free Lifetime Technical Support Service
Customer who purchased a “True Custom” or “Signature Series” product from AVADirect is entitled to free technical hardware-related support for a lifetime of the product.
Customers who purchase a “Mining Configuration” product from AVADirect is entitled to free limited hardware-related support for the first 30 days following delivery.
Information about product types can be found at "terms & conditions".
7. Parts Manufacturer Warranty
A part is any single or multiple items ordered that is not assembled or tested by AVADirect. AVADirect does not offer its own warranty on such items besides manufacturer warranty. AVADirect also does not offer a service contract with such items.
All parts will be covered by each part's respective manufacturer's warranty. Many manufacturers offer one or more years on their product warranties. Warranty length and coverage depends on specific part and manufacturer and can be determined by contacting the manufacturer.
8. How to Get Warranty Service
Before the warranty expires, customer has to contact AVADirect's technical support representatives. AVADirect will first attempt to troubleshoot the system to determine if any type of part replacement or repair is necessary. If the issue cannot be resolved through this method, AVADirect will authorize that the system or component needs to be serviced.
AVADirect uses the following methods and procedures for repair service:
Customer must properly package and send the defective unit to AVADirect's facility for repair. Computer system repair usually takes minimum 7-10 days, and total repair time is based on type of problem(s) and particular replacement components availability. Once the repair is complete, AVADirect will send back the system free of charge. Customer has to follow the instructions for returning the defective system described in this document. Customer will be charged labor rates and shipping charges if no problems are found or the system has failed due to customer error.
At AVADirect's discretion, customer may have the option of replacing the defective component using the cross-ship method. AVADirect will cross-ship to customer a replacement component at the same time that customer sends back the defective component. The returned product(s) must be received by AVADirect no more than thirty (30) calendar days after customer's original receipt of the defective product(s). Customer must follow the below instructions for returning the defective component(s).
AVADirect requires that a deposit be charged onto a credit card or similar account for this type of service. Once the item is received and verified to have failed under normal operating circumstances, the deposit will be lifted from the customers account. An additional fee of $50.00 may be charged for this service. For more information please contact Technical Support Department.
AVADirect assumes no liability for components damaged by the customer if the customer decides to replace cross-shipped component on his/her own. For additional charge AVADirect will send a qualified computer technician to replace the defective component(s) if an appropriate warranty upgrade was not purchased. Multiple attempts may be required to repair the defective component(s).
If appropriate warranty upgrade was purchased, AVADirect will send a qualified computer technician to repair or replace the defective component(s). Multiple attempts may be required to repair the defective component(s). The service is only available during regular business hours within continental United States.
9. Procedure to Return Merchandise for Warranty Service, Credit or Refund
- Obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA#) from our technical support.
- Properly package the returning product in a proper shipping container in "as shipped" condition along with all materials that came with the item.
- Place the RMA confirmation page printed from the email you received inside the shipping container.
- Write the RMA# on the top of the box using a very visible writing device.
- Ship the item to our location at your expense using UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, or similar shipping companies. Customer agrees to pay for any expenses for loss of value to the product if no shipping insurance is added.
- The returned product(s) must be received by AVADirect no more than thirty (30) calendar days after your receipt of the product(s).
For information about returning products for credit or refund, see Return Policy in Terms of Sale or contact our customer service department.
10. Legal Disclaimer
All AVADirect warranties and services that are implied or express terminate at the end of such product's written warranty lifetime or when the customer sells, trades, or otherwise looses ownership of the system.
This warranty gives you specific rights as a customer, and you may have other rights which may vary from state to state or otherwise. AVADirect will not accept liability beyond the remedies set forth, nor will we accept liability for consequential and incidental damage. AVADirect will also not accept liability for data lost, or for certain parts not being available.
Some states may not allow the limitations of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental or consequential damage, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.